Sunday, September 18, 2005

Stay visible and Stranger - Simple Minds (Black & White)

Stay visible

The roads open wide, and there is a space for two of us.
If we could slip under the wire, we'd wait here, just stay here a while.
Slumped my body's tired, and this fear, it's never let me sleep.
In your smile, this trial elates.
And in your eyes, i see mothers open gates.
If fortune would smile there'd be room here for two of us.
And i would burn myself through the wires.
With this hate, concentrated, unearthed, disparate,
all of this in time.....once in a while,
If peace held for two of us,
or if we could show mercy awhile, with patience.
Transcending this coldness, never ending, thru time.
Because if home still matters.
And if these bones, were not battered.
What state then, i'm so desperate,
stuck within a hollow shell,
in some forgotten state....
come tear the dirt from my eyes!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stranger

Tell me why?
Do you know what were looking for?
Any truth in the rumours i ignore?
Tell me why, i still deny?
Anytime secrets, in every sound.
I can keep my feet up of the ground.
I'm in the air reeling everywhere.
There's something new and i must say,
it makes me feel so super real.
Just look and you'll find.
We are drifting thru space and time.
Stranger, beautiful stranger,
come tell me if you are, the silent star, explain!
Stranger, beautiful stranger.
I wonder if you are the silent star, explain.
Tell me why, do you know what were looking for?
Any truth in the rumours i ignore?
Then tell me why i still deny?
Summertime winter, moonlight and the sun,
i get the feeling this has just begun.
And yes it feels so super real.
Look and you'll find.
We are moving tru space and time.
Tell me who you are.
Tell me who you are.
Who are you?

(lyrics by Kerr)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home