Sunday, September 18, 2005

Daily news

This morning i've got a delishes massage from my oldest son, because my back was hurting very much. He is almost 13. Very healthy and adorable, playing keyboard very nice and he's a very good hockeykeeper, and is doing great at school. So i am very proud of him of course.
Last week i was thinking a lot of the time i almost lost him.
When he was 2 years, a doctor came to look at him in our house, when i called, to see my son. He was already 4 days very ill and because i had a bad feeling about it i called the doctor. Because it was at night i had to call a replaced Dr. for my own housedoctor. My son is asthmatic and was known in the childrens department of the hospital, but you couldn't go there in the night, you need a housedoctor, that saw him first and make a phone cal that it is really needed to go to the hospital.
He was already irritated when i called him, i had to insist that i want him to check on my son, so he came. And then he was checking him very quickly and said, oh young parents always worrie to much.
He said there was nothing to worrie about, it was only a virus, so he said. When he was not better in 5 days i should call again. Give him paracetamol. And off he went.
But the next morning i saw my son and it was just if i was loosing him, so i called the hospital, the childrens department, they said that the doctor was full all day, but i insisted, and than they said i could come in the lunchtime of the doctor. So i went there, with a taxi, having that small piece of child in my arms, i walked into the poli-clinic, and when i walked in, the doctor saw us and immediately stood up, and came in action.
Then everything was going so fast, finally there was help.
After a half hour or so, my son was laying in a hospitalbed in IC, had already prednison and other medication, and X-rays and Blood-check up, and everything.
And then i heard what was the cause of everything, a double ammonia.
In an advanced stage. When i was waiting let's say maybe 1 or 2 hours longer, he could be death!
And now we were not sure if he was going to make it also.
It took 3 full days, before there was a sign that he was going to stay with us. So i was crying a lot in that time, and was also walking around with plans for murdering a doctor.
Oh,.. what a terrible time that was, but the pediatrist was awesome. He came even at night, back from home to check up on my son. I had to ask if it was really possible that the doctor that came to our house didn't hear anything when he was checking his longs yesterday, since the ammonia was in such an advanced stage one day later, and this doctor said: No that isn't possible!
He had to send you to the hospital rightaway.
And he helped me with making an attest towards this rotten bastard of a doctor.
So about those 3 days, i was there all the time next to my son, and i had a terrible headache. I lost my father only 2 weeks earlyer. There was a very odd thing happening. My son was lying very quiet al the time not moving at all for many days already, and suddnly he moved his hands to the window, there was no one standing there, i was on the other side of his bed. But it was if he wants to be picked up.
It can be very strange when you didn't see it with your own eyes, but i always had the idea that it was my father there with us in the room. And i always think that my son was trying to go to his grandfather. But it didn't happen, i am so happy for that, maybe it was also a help from my father that he didn't want him to die yet. We shall never know that for sure, but i can't forget it. So maybe there is more between heaven and earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home